Roller Derby Test O'Matic

Turn left and talk about your feelings.

Forum > News and announcements > Removed: Tested on only 2013 changes. Added: Experimental stuff!

1. For the first time I can remember, I've removed a feature from the website. Since January the site has had a link at the bottom of the page that says "Click here to be tested on only the rules which have been updated with the new WFTDA 2013 rule set". This made the site only ask, as suggested, those questions which changed between the current No Minors rule set, and the pre-2013 rules.

Given we've had another rule set change since then, and given we've been playing under the current rules for quite some time now, I thought it's probably worth removing.

In the last 30 days, the link has been clicked a few hundred times. However, I suspect very few of those clicks are actually the result of people wanting the desired outcome.

In place of that link I'm making public some of the experimental features I've been working on for the past, well, year? It's been a while anyway.

The first is the ability to submit your own question. This is a very controversial feature for me for a few reasons. Quality control and licensing, being two major issues I've no idea how to solve.

Right now you need to register to write your own questions. If you'd like to do this, send me an email (contact@rollerderbytestomatic.com).

The second experimental feature is one I'm super proud of: Build your own tests. This was built to help those leagues who use the Test O'Matic for their official assessments.

Finally, I've added a link to the Stats page, which has existed for some time, but tucked out the way. It has loads of information in about the website, which is just kinda cool.

These experimental features are work in progress, and feedback is very much appreciated.

You must be logged in to leave a post